I’d like to see that putrid piece of humanity try to put me in a camp. If it’s true that Ms Reid made homophobic comments, it can be allowed that people change their views on any number of subjects. I feel like so often we want straight people to accept us and understand us when they hate us, but then when they do see the light, no one is willing to accept it. Pence, on the other hand, is unrepentant.
Pulse shooting survivor Brandon Wolf has faced anger after saying that US Vice President Mike Pence wants to put gay people in “concentration camps.”
Wolf made the comments while talking to embattled MSNBC host Joy Reid, who has come under pressure over homophobic blog entries posted to her blog prior to her rise to fame.
Wolf – a survivor of the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando who heads LGBT advocacy group The Dru Project – urged LGBT people to focus their fire on the Trump administration rather than Reid.
This is brilliant. Cheers to whoever these neighbors are!!
The residents who live next door to the Colorado home where Vice President Mike Pence is staying with his family for the Christmas holiday posted a rainbow “Make America Gay Again” banner. They placed the banner on a pillar that is at the end of both homes’ driveways, according to the Aspen Times.
“You couldn’t miss it,” Pitkin County Sheriff’s Deputy Michael Buglione said of the sign that was reportedly hung by the daughters of the couple who live in the home. The people who live next door apparently were a bit apprehensive about hanging the banner in front of the law enforcement and Secret Service officers that were stationed there. “He was real sheepish and thought he might be confronted by the Secret Service or deputies who’d tell him he couldn’t do it,” Pitkin County Sheriff Joe DiSalvo said. “When they said, ‘We’re not here to control your free speech rights,’ they came out with chili and began feeding them.”
With the exception of an infamous trip to see Hamilton last November and a controversy about whether it’s OK to dine with women other than his wife, we’ve heard relatively little about Vice President Mike Pence since the election. In May, CNN even ran a story with the headline, “Mike Pence’s Disappearing Act.”
Quick run down of the list. Follow the link at the end for further information.
- In January, Pence and others lobbied Trump to take hard-line positions on abortion, making good on some of his anti-choice campaign pledges.
- Pence has led the charge to advance Trump’s policy agenda.
- He’s been very vocal about supporting the use of tax dollars to fund religious schools.
- In January, Pence met with anti-abortion activists at the White House and delivered a speech at the annual March for Life.
- Pence spent much of February selling the nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court as “mainstream.”
- Pence cast the tie-breaking vote to confirm Betsy DeVos as secretary of education, the first time a vice president has done so on a cabinet pick.
- In May, Pence was named the head of Trump’s Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity
- Pence invited anti-abortion activists to the White House to discuss how to merge their agenda with that of the administration.
- Later that month, he would cast the tie-breaking vote to nullify an Obama-era rule allowing that Title X funds be used for family planning services.
- Pence has met with members of the financial industry and championed efforts to roll back Dodd-Frank consumer protections.
- In May, Pence addressed the Susan B. Anthony List “Campaign for Life” gala.
- Pence played a role in urging Trump to sign a “religious liberty” executive order during a National Day of Prayer ceremony.
- Pence addressed the first-ever World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians on May 11.
- At the University of Notre Dame, Pence delivered a fiery commencement address, targeting “political correctness.”
- In May, Pence started his own political action committee called the “Great America Committee.”
- In June, Pence was put in charge of U.S. space policy.
- He’s raised money for his own PAC and other political causes.
- On June 23, Pence addressed Focus on the Family, a powerful anti-LGBTQ organization, for its 40th anniversary.
- As special elections have popped up across the country, Pence has been hitting the campaign trail in support of his fellow Republicans.
- Pence has been pressuring Congress to implement anti-transgender policies in the military.
Although the original focus is on this brilliant man collecting money specifically for Planned Parenthood, he has collected money for other causes as well, including The Trevor Project. He’s done it all dressed like VP-Elect Pence.
Howard Sherman, an arts administrator who lives in Manhattan, was walking through Times Square earlier this month when he noticed a man bearing a striking resemblance to Vice President-elect Mike Pence dressed in short shorts.
Sherman, whose hobby is photographing the various characters in Times Square, told BuzzFeed News said he then started taking photos of the man but did not engage with him in any way.
Sherman posted the photos to his Facebook page, where people soon helped him to identify the Pence lookalike as Glen Pannell, who Sherman then interviewed on his own website.