According to this Buzzfeed article, despite what everyone is saying, there’s no new policy set in stone. What people are flipping out over – and rightfully so – is the potential content of a policy that could appear.
When a federal judge in Seattle holds a hearing Tuesday over President Donald Trump’s transgender military ban, she will face an odd question: Does the Trump administration even have a policy banning transgender troops right now?
No, not in writing. Not anywhere, technically.
With the exception of an infamous trip to see Hamilton last November and a controversy about whether it’s OK to dine with women other than his wife, we’ve heard relatively little about Vice President Mike Pence since the election. In May, CNN even ran a story with the headline, “Mike Pence’s Disappearing Act.”
Quick run down of the list. Follow the link at the end for further information.
- In January, Pence and others lobbied Trump to take hard-line positions on abortion, making good on some of his anti-choice campaign pledges.
- Pence has led the charge to advance Trump’s policy agenda.
- He’s been very vocal about supporting the use of tax dollars to fund religious schools.
- In January, Pence met with anti-abortion activists at the White House and delivered a speech at the annual March for Life.
- Pence spent much of February selling the nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court as “mainstream.”
- Pence cast the tie-breaking vote to confirm Betsy DeVos as secretary of education, the first time a vice president has done so on a cabinet pick.
- In May, Pence was named the head of Trump’s Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity
- Pence invited anti-abortion activists to the White House to discuss how to merge their agenda with that of the administration.
- Later that month, he would cast the tie-breaking vote to nullify an Obama-era rule allowing that Title X funds be used for family planning services.
- Pence has met with members of the financial industry and championed efforts to roll back Dodd-Frank consumer protections.
- In May, Pence addressed the Susan B. Anthony List “Campaign for Life” gala.
- Pence played a role in urging Trump to sign a “religious liberty” executive order during a National Day of Prayer ceremony.
- Pence addressed the first-ever World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians on May 11.
- At the University of Notre Dame, Pence delivered a fiery commencement address, targeting “political correctness.”
- In May, Pence started his own political action committee called the “Great America Committee.”
- In June, Pence was put in charge of U.S. space policy.
- He’s raised money for his own PAC and other political causes.
- On June 23, Pence addressed Focus on the Family, a powerful anti-LGBTQ organization, for its 40th anniversary.
- As special elections have popped up across the country, Pence has been hitting the campaign trail in support of his fellow Republicans.
- Pence has been pressuring Congress to implement anti-transgender policies in the military.
It’s fantastic to see that despite what the Commander in Chief wants or says, the real leaders of our military will keep the faith with all soldiers. I know there’s been the cry for the military not being the ones to pay the bill for someone’s transition, but let’s be honest: how many of them do you really know about? I can use one finger to count the one I know about and we only know of her because she was arrested for breaking the faith with the military and intelligence world. I bet you anything that if she hadn’t done that, we’d never know of her existence nor her transition.
WASHINGTON — The commandant of the Coast Guard said Tuesday that he would continue to support transgender troops under his command, despite Twitter posts by President Trump saying the government would not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the military.
The commandant, Adm. Paul F. Zukunft, said his office had reached out to the 13 Coast Guard members who self-identify as transgender after seeing the president’s tweets.
“That is the commitment to our people right now,” Admiral Zukunft said. “Very small numbers, but all of them are doing meaningful Coast Guard work today.”
With all due respect to any existing transgender military officers, why would you want to defend the citizens of a country that hates your existence? I respect familial tradition, etc., but is it really worth it if your Commander in Chief doesn’t even want you “soiling” his military? Fuck ’em all. It’s disgraceful that he or anyone else would have an issue with a transgender woman or man defending their freedoms. They certainly aren’t out there on the battle lines. Historically, a king would be out there on the battlefield with his soldiers fighting side-by-side. It’s a shame that no longer happens. Maybe those motherfuckers would feel differently about war.
President Trump said he will ban transgender people from serving in the military in any capacity, a reversal of the Obama administration decision that would have allowed them to serve, he announced on social media on Wednesday.
Citing the need to focus on victory, Trump said that the military cannot accept the burden of higher medical costs and “disruption” that transgender troops would require.
In my opinion there’s no excuse for anything he does. He’s just not someone who should be president. Period. It’s not like he really cares about anyone other than himself.
Orange is the New Black star Laverne Cox thinks she knows why President Trump hasn’t acknowledged pride month.
The transgender actress was appearing on The View – ahead of season five of the Netflix show – to chat LGBT rights and politics.
I seriously hope karma takes a big chunk out of this asshole’s ass and that every woman he’s close to gets raped. I won’t wish that they get shot, too, so that they can live with the pain and humiliation of whatever is done to them.
Pro-Trump Republican Mike Huckabee is under fire after cracking an anti-LGBT ‘joke’ .
Huckabee, who launched a failed Presidential campaign for President in 2015, made the comments after the Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer made an emotional speech opposing Trump’s migrant ban.
The former Governor of Arkansas mocked Schumer, tweeting: “Breaking news from Hollywood! Sen. Chuck Schumer cast in lead role for remake of Boys Don’t Cry.”
I guess he’s expecting a pat on the back or something.
Less than 24 hours after news broke that the President Donald Trump was planning tosign an executive order rolling back all of President Barack Obama’s 2014 executive orders protecting workers from anti-LGBT discrimination, the White House issued a statement announcing they will remain in place.
“President Donald J. Trump Will Continue to Enforce Executive Order Protecting the Rights of the LGBTQ Community in the Workplace,” the White House statement, sent to NCRM early Tuesday morning, reads.
This is the best news yet to come out of this travesty of an election…
The cake seemed to originally find offense with the baker of President Obama’s inauguration cake back in 2012. Duff Goldman has appeared on the Food Network with some of his creations. But rather than taking credit for the cake that wasn’t theirs, the new bakery – Buttercream Bakeshop – was commissioned to recreate Goldman’s cake. They then donated all profits from their efforts to the Human Rights Campaign. Because we all know that the new VP hates lgbt citizens.
Please, if any of you live in Texas, I urge you to do all you can to prevent this bill from becoming a tragic part of the law of that state. This law fosters mistrust and will only serve to alienate youth from adults in general. It’s heartbreaking. Representative Burton seeks to destroy families and potentially put thousands of children onto the streets of Texas cities. How is this right??
A Texas state lawmaker has proposed a law that critics say would force schools to out gay students against their will to their parents.
State Rep. Konni Burton filed Senate Bill 242 just days after Donald Trump was elected president, amid increasing reports of harassment and violence against minorities across the country.
Elliott Griffin, Burton’s chief of staff, told the Houston Chronicle the bill was “written in response to the Fort Worth school district issuing new guidelines about transgender students.”